The Medical Centre and Lions Hall
Built 1979 – 1980
– Lion Walter Kavangh
– Lion Ted Martin
Building funds raised by:
– ticket sales on cars and 3 wheelers
– beer gardes (race track and ball tournaments)
Stittsville Lionettes was very active in supporting this project by working on all the fundraising projects and supplied the kitchen with the dishes, pots and pans, silverware, sound system, stove and fridge.
3300 sq ft
Houses 1 doctor, 1 dentist, 1 chiorpractor
Main Hall – kitchen, Bar, 2 washrooms, furnace room and hall with 2050 sq ft
1990 addition of
– 1200 sq ft rented to doctors
– 1200 sq ft Lions Den
1994 reroofed building
Tradesmans who gave discounted work:
Fazzino Dry Wall
Contractors who provided free service:
Morris Gibson – Excavation
G. E. Martin – Excavation
Capital Water Supply
– Lounge finished by Lion Bernie St. John
– Hall rentals for New Years parties, wedding, birthday parties, family get togethers, stag and doe’s, book sales, craft fairs, teen dances.
Donation of hall usage to the following groups:
Church groups, girl guides, members usage, ball teams, hockey teams, registraion for hockey, ball, basketball, soccer,and for benefits for various reasons.
This very successful project has enabled the club to provide Health & Dental services to the community.
Thanks for visiting Kicking Horse Media Web Design & Development Inc. Website.
Call us at 613-257-5145 for a free consultation.
Scan the QR code below to link to the website